Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fair 2008

The Washington County Fair is over, insert a big phew here. This has been our 5th year running Tutu's Hawaiian Shave Ice booth at the fair. If you're around Portland the last week of July, come on by our booth and try a shave ice with ice cream in the bottom, my favorite is Tiger's Blood. It felt weird this year, I wasn't pregnant, nursing, or having a baby strapped to my person. My kids could walk by themselves, and they loved all the animals and sights to see. Here's some memories of years past....

2007, I made matching cowgirl outfits for the girls

Kennedy putting in her order with daddy, 2003

Building the booth

Our tastetesters, Colby and Nate in 2003

Chris and Chris working the booth, 2003

Me and Chelle, our matching baby bjorns containing a 2 week old CC, and a 5 week old Anders, and Kennedy in 2004

Grandpa Rich and baby Sierra 2004

Chris, Kevin, Shelby, and Steve in 2004

Kennedy got hooked up with free pony rides, we traded for shave ice

CC loving the play area in 2005

Alicia looking hot in 2005

We had these in 2006, nothing else happened, and if it did, I don't remember

I only remember because there's a photo

Kennedy in our hula photo poser thingy made by my bro Kirby

2007, with our friends the Newmyers and Deans and Lichtensteins

Natelin, chillin'

This year, Lance and his tongue of many colors - he had to taste every flavor so he could tell the customer what they were like.

Alicia and I looking a little pink (it's the tarp ceiling)

Halsey, Brooke, and their insanely adorable little Cameron

K and CC and Mother Goose

Samuel the Lichtenstein, you rock!

Our new tastetesters

Getting all gooey over Cameron

Hung Tao is the flavor King

Harris's and their flying son Caden

Newmyers on Parade

The Lady monster truck driver and her sweet ride

CC and the boys watching the show

Kennedy and Mom

The END! (ava)

8 comments:

Darilyn said...

Hailey, have i ever told you how much I love the whole county fair vibe? When i first heard about this booth (from paula) as I was moving those shaved ice machines (they are really heavy)I was hit with a wave of envy. Every year from the time I was 8 until I was 18 I would spend the entire 5 days at our county fair showing our dairy cows and sheep or working in our wards scone booth. Those were the days. I miss it and wish my kids got to experience some of that. So if you ever need some help the week for your booth, PLEASE ASK ME.

Melissa-Mc said...

What great pictures! Your girls are so darling.

Caitlin said...

I love the old school pictures. Nathan and Colby are eating the same flavors they always eat now! Crazy Kids. I miss that sweatshirt I was wearing in that pic. I think I lost it then too :( haha and i love the comment on your pic with the short hair. I try to block those memories out. they never happened

Chelle said...

What a blast from the past!! There really are great memories from the fair and I really can't believe I've missed two years in a row. My kids are so deprived. We'll have to make a special trip out next year.

Thanks for the post!

paula said...

wow what a collecton of great pictures. Thanks for posting. I sent some e-mail will try and get them on my blog.Pmv

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

aww it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! you're kids are so dang cute, chris and I love looking at all the pictures! We so aren't missing it next year. nope, no way

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

What? I didn't say anything about your tan. . . Now what I should have said, but didn't was where did you get that shirt, nic style closet shirt? Ohhhh, now what huh! What are you gonna do about it?

p.s. cool about the shirts. are they sending me one?

Chris said...

Sweet pix and who's a hot mamma of 4???? YOU!