Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Deep thoughts with Hailey....

I haven't been posting as much as I'd like lately because of a couple things. 
1. I'm worried that some psycho will use the photos and info about my kids in a bad way.  I don't need any help thinking the worst of people.  My mind creates the worst things, and so I'm reluctant to put all the fun things we've been doing.  Is this valid? I'm not sure, but I wonder what you think.  
2. It's summer, they are all with me, all day long, everyday. 24/7.   I don't have a lot of spare moments, but I will! Come fall the 3 youngest will be in preschool for 12 hours/week and Kennedy will be in 2nd grade (how did that happen?!).
3. I lost my camera for a good week, it was pretty traumatic since it had the girls' dance recital on it. But, salvation came in the form Kennedy this morning. She found it in a basket of toys. Hallelujah! Now if you could only find the prescription eye drops I just paid $50 for! 

So, I'm going to get back into this, slowly. I'm still hung up on #1.

6 comments:

Jen said...

You can make your blog private and they have to have permission to view your blog! We are in the same boat this fall. Zack will be in 4th grade and the other 3 will be at preschool. Chase will be gone 4 days a week. Think of all the shopping (I mean exercising) I can do by myself:)

mahina said...

hmmm, that #1 is a tough one! i just don't think about it. that seems to help!

i love to see pictures of your girls and i promise i won't use your pictures in any bad way! ;-)

glad you found your camera! that would make me crazy if i lost mine!

Desiree said...

I had a real hard time with that first one too. That's why I decided to go with the private option, and wow, the peace of mind I have now is great. I also feel like I can be more open in my posts. I understand your worries completely, my mind does the same thing (the worst thought possible).

Hope your summer is fun anyway!

Yin said...

I agree with everyone--#1 it tough. When Yang and I started blogging, we decided to use blog names so employers and/or clients couldn't find our blog. Now that XM came along, I'm glad we still use blog names. But, that doesn't do much good to protect against people using XM's picture.

Darilyn said...

The private option is good if you are concerned about it. All you have to do is send an invite by email to all those you want to have access to it.

Tonya said...

The private setting is a great idea, but I have reserves about it because I have had 4 cousins find me because it wasn't on private. I guess I just trust those that go on my site, but I maybe shouldn't be so trusting. It's a tough call. I am so glad you found your camera! I wouldn't mind if I "accidentally" broke mine so we could get a better one, but I won't do that:0)