Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Bunny On Strike?



So, I bought the goodies, the toys, the peeps...and forgot to be the bunny.  Isn't that sad?  Kennedy was the only one that noticed, and so I told her the truth.  Nic thinks I'm a killjoy, but really, a bunny bringing eggs to celebrate the Savior's Resurrection? If any of you have ever heard of the comedian Jim Gaffigan, he's got a sketch about it.  He also has a sketch about Hot Pockets that will have you thinking twice about eating those.
Long story short, the Easter Bunny a.k.a. Mom and Kennedy is going to come to the Vial household around noon today.  Why?  Because I'm the Mom.  (This is one of those perks to parenting.)

3 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

I love how that babe (Who's baby is that? Is she yours? I'm soo confused) is stuffing her face with a peep. I do the exact same thing. Peeps are the best!

Good for you Hailey. You're keeping it real.I do feel kind of weird lying to our kids especially about a big bunny that some how brakes into your house and leaves the same candy you happened to already have at your home. We'll see how much longer we can carry this one on.

Hailey Vial said...

Bunny ears is CC, now 3, and Kennedy, now 7. We don't take a lot of Easter pictures. Those were the only ones I could find.

Darilyn said...

We've never done the Easter bunny thing. We sometimes give our kids easter baskets but they just know they come from us. I've always thought the idea of a giant bunny was a little weird and freaky.