Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kodachrome

When I think back on all the crap I've learned in high school
It's a wonder I can think at all
Though my lack of education hasn't hurt me much
I can read the writings on the walls

Kodachrome, they give us those nice bright colours
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

I'm sooooo excited to try out my new camera. I gotta get a bag and a battery charger, and I have "Nikon D40 for Dummies" on reserve at the library. It's light and has a million gadgety settings that I need to figure out how to use. Did I say I was excited? My goal is simply to take better shots of people. I love close ups and expressions, and have ample models living with me, so I'm excited to put this bad boy into practice.

On another note: That part of "Christmas Story" where the mom asked the kid to show her how a piggy eats and he finally eats his food. Yeah, I've tried it with my twins and it works great. So I couldn't use the camera to shot them being "piggies", so here's where you can close your eyes and imagine the shot I would have put here. Disgustingly cute!

4 comments:

Yin said...

Hooray! New camera!

Caitlin said...

okay, fine. i guess i'll be Haileys Next Top Model... haha jk. but I do want someone to take pics of me and nathan

The Wright Family said...

I want to take a photography class. Want to join me?

Carrie said...

That song has always reminded me of you and it forever will.

-Can't wait to see all the great pics you will take of those lovely ladies!!!