Sunday, January 4, 2009

Onslaught from Utah cont'd....

Chilling on Grandma Paula's bed, best seat in the house (which in insanely beautiful, my mom redid the entire house - you should stop by and see!)


My new neice Lindy, isn't she gorgeous!


My new step-sis-in-law Johanna, she made her very stunning dress, dancing with CC and MJ. Right background is bride's brother, who apparently was in Baptists at the Barbeque, a movie (I haven't seen it.)


Chillin' with K Dog at the wedding.


Sassy Sister Shelby


The Caziers, my dad, step mom, and Grandpa.


Bree and Lindylou


My grandpa is the coolest. He walked in the house, said "Hello" to the adults and prompty sat on the floor and continued to play puzzles with my girls. I teared up.


My lovely friend Sheri and her insanely lovely daughter Amelia


Step bro Jack and his awesome sledding track on the side of his house.


WHEEEE!!!


This is me and Amelia doing our Maori greeting


I love this photo. Ava is composed and attentively watching Backyardagins (she found her happy place) and CC is multi-tasking, working on her iphone while curling her hair.


We finished off the trip with a fantastic visit with my Knappy cousins and ALL their kids. Boy does this family know how to continue the line. We got to visit with my best friend from high school days, Sheri Willey and her insanely beautiful Amelia. We saw my brother's new house in Lehi and ate at my two favorite Utah spots, Artic Circle and Chick-fil-A. My ultimate uber-favorite restaurant in Utah is a little place in Logan called The Bluebird Cafe. If you are ever there, stop by and have an Ironport soda. It's the best.
The drive home was relatively easy, we only got the kids out of the car twice, which is pretty amazing. All in all a wonderful trip. Thanks Mom and Steve for the wonderful hospitality, and all my family, we will miss you!

7 comments:

Darilyn said...

All right, I have two comments to make about this post.

#1 Did you know there are Arctic Circles around here? Newberg and McMinnville. I love it too. Can you say Tater Tots?

#2 I have never in my life met another person who knows what Ironport soda is. It is my all time favorite thing and the only place I've ever found it is a tiny town outside of Manti Utah and another tiny place in Orem, Utah but the Orem place doesn't exist anymore. Makenzie is going to EFY in Logan this year and when I just read that there is Ironport there and at a cute cafe to boot my heart did a leap inside my chest.

I knew blogs were good for something.

mahina said...

those are great pictures! and i can't believe that kennedy is sledding in short sleeves! is she crazy? looks very cold to me!

Melissa-Mc said...

I love the picture of you and K chillin at the wedding.

There are Caziers here in Boise. We take swim lessons from them every summer. Wonder if they are related.

Rich Vial said...

Great post. I love the pics of all the family and kids. Rich

Caitlin said...

FUN! CC looks like a mom doing important businesses on her phone! haha and she did her mad face at me the whole time i was there the day you got back... and Kennedy is definitely crazy. I was freezing with the snow we had here wearing a big coat.

John & Sarah said...

The Bluebird??? Are you kidding me? We used to eat there ALL the time. I didn't realize you had ties to Logan. I used to love sitting at the ice cream bar and share banana splits with John. Oh... the memories.

The Wright Family said...

Sounds like a great trip.
We own Baptists at the BBQ if you want to borrow it.
Worked at Arctic Circle in high school. Yum! Didn't you go to Iceberg? That's my fav. Utah spot.