Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Photo Onslaught

Brace yourself.
I haven't blogged in a while. It had something to do with the kids being home the whole week before Christmas break, and then Christmas break, and then a trip to Utah (which I am still having).
We had a lovely Christmas with Nic's family. Alicia and her boyfriend, Tucker, introduced me to Settlers of Catan, and I am now an addict as well as a Rockband addict. CC and Kennedy rock on drums and guitar.
I never did find my camera, but I'm in heaven with my replacement. It may not find it's way back to where it came. Here are some photos of the fun, in the opposite order that they happened, because blogger is dumb and uploads them backwards and I'm too lazy to cut and paste all of them.
I have more, but I'll save that for another night. We are having a fantastic time here in Utah visiting my family. I get overwhelmed with all that I miss not being near my family. I have met two new nieces and am gaining another step sis in law tomorrow night, Ryan is getting married to Johanna.
I went to my home ward and didn't get recognized, I had to introduce myself to my Young Women's leaders. I guess it goes both ways, I saw a kid that I graduated with and his four kids and about flipped out that he was old enough to be a dad of four.....yeah, I know.
The worst thing that happened so far this trip is all my brother and step brother's fault. Their cute boys and new babies are making me crazy baby hungry..... I know... I just need my kids to be rotten and sick for a week and I'll be cured. But the girls have been angels and in heaven with all the aunties and Grandmas and Grandpas and PRESENTS! They are going to think that every trip to Utah comes with a windfall of toys.
So without further ado, the onslaught....

Mischevious Milo, my nephew



Step sis, Stephany, step sis in law, Jo, cousin Kate, and Kennedy



My cousins on my mom's side (well, like a 1/10 of them)



My brother Jake, his beautiful wife Cara, and my nieces Amery and baby Lindy



Shelby, my sister, and Bree (if you can't tell, this kid is a cam ham)



Ava fighting off boredom on the drive to Utah



The gang posing at Grandpa Lyle's tree



Bree estatic on Christmas morning



CC got her mad face on during the drive



Ava looking lovely in her snow white dress on Christmas



Vial's on the stairs, I think this photo is mandatory at Christmas. Some day I'll make a post of all the Christmas stair photos.



CC fell asleep waiting for Santa



Snow of Grandpa Rich's birdhouse



Window view, watching dad cut down our beautiful eucalyptis tree that broke in half during the freeze.



Rich and Paula's vineyard



The frozen apple orchard



Bird on frozen tree in my backyard. I think it's a double breasted boobie bird.



Elmo Studd's. Pretty funny signage. My favorite is during zucchini harvest time, it says "50 lbs. of zucchini free with every purchase, no exceptions."

12 comments:

Chelle said...

These are such great pictures. It looks like a great time there in Oregon and in Utah. Great pictures of you all together with your family.

Merry Christmas and New Year!

Jen said...

I love settlers you should also try settlers of Zarahemla it is basically the same game, but I like it a little better. We play those games all the time! Glad you got away to be with family. We are missing family here in Denver, but at least we have one set here.

Jen said...

I forgot I miss those funny signs at Elma studd's I would drive by it 5 days a week for Zack's school.

Darilyn said...

Hey we love Settlers too. Do you want to come over for a game night some night? We also got Ticket to Ride this year that won the same awards as Settlers. It's a great game. I'm glad you are having fun in Utah.

Caitlin said...

HAHA I love the pictures!! and i cant believe I missed that Elmo Studds sign! But I guess my chauffeur Nathan didn't drive me around that part after work :(
Hope your having fun in Utah! I watched that twilight video, hahaha it was funny that girl was just like Bella. I've been youtube obsessed trying to find spoofs like that now.

Yin said...

Cute pictures. That picture of the apple orchard is gorgeous! I'm glad you made it to Utah safely. Have fun, and happy new year.

Tonya said...

So how in the world do you know what a double breasted boobie bird is anyways? You said boobie bird...funny! O.K. so we LOVE,LOVE the game Settler's of Catan. I smell a game night in the air!

Melissa-Mc said...

I have never played Settler's of Catan but everyone says I will love it.

I'm glad you had a good holiday.

John & Sarah said...

We are huge "Settlers" people too! We'll have to get together to play one of these days. My favorite Studd's sign was up last year: "It's zucchini season- avoid eye contact with your neighbors."

mahina said...

i love your new header! what a beautiful family!

settlers rocks! we have been branching out to new and exciting games, but it all started with settlers!

i love all of the snow pictures! breathtaking!

Carrie said...

Ahh how I love visiting your blog for a hefty dose of "girls gone wild" (minus all the flashing, of course)
I can't even begin to imagine how lively that car full of girls must have been on the drive to utah.

So cute, so fun!

Kirstin said...

Hey!! It was so fun seeing you guys over New Years. I love your family picture at the top of the page...and I love all the pictures posted from your trip. I don't blame CC's grumpy face...you guys had a long drive. I'm glad you made it out and made it back home safe.