Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Portland To Coast Year 2



Year 2 (I'm going to make this extremely brief but long, sort of like a run on sentence if it were a relay.)

Awesome, we had 12 great walkers, decorated my car to look like a pig, people were taking pictures of themselves with my car, which made me wildly giddy, I walked a 12.9 minute pace for 4+ miles, Tucker and Patrick beat me with their 11 minute paces, and their amazing "crouch walk", walked in the rain, and water dripping down my face, my husband was a stud, he and I are both down 30 lbs from last year, Melissa was a maniac and walked 15+ miles! Uphill, in the rain, with a vendetta to beat the girl in green. Couldn't walk for 2 days, all good now, can't wait for next year! phew!


10 comments:

The Wright Family said...

Awesome job!

Chris and Amy Darton said...

Nice work!! Way to go :)

Chelle said...

This is so awesome! What an incredible pace and theme.

Very cool.

The Thomas Family said...

I'm so jealous. If we lived in OR I would be all over the Hood to Coast.

Great job! Way to keep a good pace.

Love your car...so creative and cute. I would want a picture in front of it too.

Rich Vial said...

Wow

Scott said...

your face looks skinny. and holy long hair.

Hailey Vial said...

Dear "Scott"
Who are you and can I print your comment on a t-shirt and wear it around?

Melissa-Mc said...

Good job! I can't even run that fast let alone walk that fast.

Tonya said...

I had a GREAT time walking, but how in the world did you walk that fast? That is amazing!!! My best was 14 minutes. Man!

GrandmaPaula said...

Who is Scott? And you look great! Keep up the great work, I hope I am invited next year, and not just to babysit, but to walk!
I did my 100 miles!