Monday, November 10, 2008

Labryinth

So I'm a little back logged with, well, LIFE in general. I've been in recovery mode since my AWESOME 30th birthday party last week, and so I'm slow with the adorable pix of my kids in costume. I'll get to them soon, but right now I'm chillin' on my bed with a couple cute cuddlers and we are watching one of my all time favorite shows, Labryinth (not to be confused with Pan's Labryinth - which is also good, but not kid friendly, that creature with the hand eye face is still haunting me.)
There is nothing like the dancing creatures that can pop off their heads, or Hoggle and his jewels, and that adorable fuzzy giant Ludo. My favorite, to Nic's disgust, is The Gobblin King, Gareth played by the always sexy David Bowie.


_hailey


p.s. I totally had 12 year old fantasies of a big puffy dress and David Bowie being in love with me to distraction!

7 comments:

The Wright Family said...

We totally own Labryinth! :) We should really check each others DVD collection out.

The Thomas Family said...

You are too funny. Love the Labryinth!

Happy 30th! Sounds like you got to celebrate it right with a big bash. Very fun. 4 kids before the age of 30, that's pretty good. :)

Anonymous said...

I always daydreamed about me wearing that dress! and drew pictures of it. so glad your birthday was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Labyrinth was always one of my favorites- though I'm obviously less taken by Mr. Bowie's tights than you are:)

John & Sarah said...

I loved that movie. I always used to lay upside down on my couch and imagine myself walking on the ceiling like she does at the end. I also love that little worm at the beginning. The creatures taking off their heads would give me nightmares- maybe I started watching it a little too young. Anyway, the only thing I didn't like was Ludo saying, "Sarah...smell bad" when they got to the bog of eternal stench. My sisters loved repeating that phrase to me and still do sometimes. Ahh... childhood.

Tonya said...

We are Labyrinth fans too! We have our trusty VHS sitting in our hutch:0)

Shelby Carol said...

You totally got me hooked on that movie too :) I miss watching it with you! I remember that you thought quality time with your little sister was to sit her down and make her watch the Labryinth or the Beattles music video. HA HA! Thanks! I love you and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.