Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Halloween in November

So, I gave myself a 30th birthday party, I know that sounds dumb, but I really wanted to have a crazy funfest for my 30th and I didn't want anyone else to have to plan it. I wanted to give my friends and family a great night away from the kids, with adults, and to just have good, somewhat clean, fun.
So, I think it turned out great. More people came then I thought would. My adorable baby brother Kirby came, as Walter Wonka, Willy's younger black sheep brother. Nic and I were Esmerelda and the Hunchback. My friend Dani took some great shots of the party.

My father in law and Jean Meacham getting groovy on the karaoke.


Mark feeling "Too Sexy" for his dead limo driver costume.


The Prettiest Costume Award goes to.... a mulleted Tooth Fairy....what???
Nathan, you owned that tutu!


I didn't know LOTR elves did the congo, K, you rocked those ears!


I got to play games, sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", dance to Abba, and to top off the best birthday ever, I got to start a congo line. What can top that? Three birthday cakes, check, permagrin all night, check.


Pretty even with flour on her face, Angie, and Dave. Watch "The Office", and you will love Matt's costume.


Mario and Luigi brought the most delicious carmel apple truffles! I want that recipe, thanks for the pictures Dani.


Melissa, winner of the scariest costume award, she was a Primary President.


Aaarrrgghh! Thar be pirates at my party! And boy do they know how to party! Thanks for all your help D! Best Costume Award Winners Darilyn and Chris.



Cute cowgirl Caitlin, and not-so-cute Nate the creepy toothfairy.



I'm trying to make a slideshow for this, but if you'd like to see the slide show Dani made here's the link.

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

hahaha those are really good pictures. The one of Nathan with his award makes him look...actually pretty decent! I was wondering what Kirby was all night, and that was pretty good. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, have fun in utah!

Jen said...

Looks like a lot of fun! So sad I couldn't have been there!

Tonya said...

Sorry we missed all the fun! And it does look like it was a lot of fun. Illness just knows how to ruin a good time:0(

Darilyn said...

Nathan's costume just cracked me up. I sure had a great time and thanks for letting me be a part of it. You are awesome and I can't wait to party again!

Melissa-Mc said...

That looks like such a blast! Welcome to the 30's. It is lot of fun!

Kendra Goodrich said...

Sounds like a Vial sort of party.