Monday, November 17, 2008

Best Small Town Sign Award goes to.....


This reads "Something Stinks In The Columbia Gorge, Yea Larry Price!"
I can't stop laughing. Poor Larry Price, the immortal stinker.

Nic and I spent the weekend together on the Columbia Gorge, cruising in Miss Daisy (sorry Rich, but we renamed her so we can say "We're driving Miss Daisy,") reading, eating, kissing, shopping, picture taking, laughing, sleeping, eating, watching movies, eating, getting blown away in the wind, and pinching ourselves that we didn't have to get booster seats at the restaurant and no one peed the bed at the lodge. It was (insert big sigh here) very relaxing and fun. So here's a huge THANK YOU to Paula and Caitlin for the wonderful weekend. And to the Town of Stevenson, you get the Best Small Town Sign Award!





11 comments:

Darilyn said...

What great pictures! What was the occasion for the trip?

Desiree said...

What a fun way to spend the weekend. I love the gorge! And, no kids, even better!

Chelle said...

Wow I love this post! You sound relaxed. I knew mom had the kids but I didn't hear where you were going. That is so cool.

So ya, surprise!! I think I boycotted telling you because I was so bummed you guys are going away. I can't believe it. But I will be there for 10 days so we will have other days together. Otherwise I was ready to petition for a cancellation. Mom said not to start getting signatures, I'd have the other days and your family would probably never forgive.

Anyway, I can't wait to see you.
Chelle

Chelle said...

Tell me if my last comment didn't go through, I sent a long one.

And Hello ... your family is gorgeous, I love the new picture on the top.

If my last one didn't go through it was something like cool trip bla bla, mad your leaving for Thanksgiving bla bla, creating a petition for you to stay bla bla, getting signatures bla bla!

Caitlin said...

haha the picture with your hair all windy is CUTE!

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

Your trip sounds like a parents' dream getaway. I hope it rejuvenated and rekindled you both. Matt and I could sure use one weekend at Edgefield in the Gorge about now.

Jen said...

So glad you got away! DId I tell you that the falls were the reason we have 3 of my kids??? My grandpa owned a 3rd of that place and when he died the money went to the grand kids. That was the money we used to do IVF. So that place has a special place in my heart! It was great seeing those pictures!

Melissa-Mc said...

I love those kind of getaways. You gotta take them while you can get them.

Tonya said...

You always have the cutest family pics at the top of your blog! You and Nic are such a cute couple.

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

You two look great! What a fun trip for you two!

I hope that we get to spend some time with you over Thanks Giving!

Shelby Carol said...

Dang! You're hair is so long! I just cut mine :( Dang it! I can't wait to see you. That sounds like a very rewarding weekend. But you totally deserved it! I LOVE YOU!