Monday, September 8, 2008

"1st Day of Preschool" or "What to do with myself?"



Wow, I can't believe this day actually came. We all had a first today.
CC started Pre-K today and made a picture using the color red, and as it happens she wore a red dress and was so excited they were the same. I came early to take of peek, and I got a little misty seeing my sweet little girl sharing crayons and raising her hand.
Ava and Bree were in the little "2's" room, complete with a slide and baby dolls, and their cute little friend, Caleb. They were in heaven. They were sporting their matching "Backpack" backpacks and huge grins.

And I went to Winco, the bank, the post office, made lunch, cleaned and unpacked the office and dining room, and I did it all ALONE. It was really odd to see my friends Janet and Liz at the store, with their kids, and I without mine. I kept looking around the shopping basket, feeling like I had forgotten someone.

Here's to a new year with many more "firsts" to come, and possibly an unpacked house.

8 comments:

Chelle said...

What a blast, it must feel so crazy to not have them for that time. You totally deserve that break, you are superwoman. Remember that sometimes you should go home and take a big nap, you deserve that too. Just remember the alarm clock =)

I can barely recognize the twins, i've been away too long! They are all so cute!

Darilyn said...

Ah, the day has arrived. Congratulations for making it this far.

mahina said...

wow! what would that sort of freedom be like? i can't imagine it!

you will have so much free time that i'm sure you will get LOTS done!!

the pictures are adorable of your girls! they all look thrilled for their first day!

Caitlin said...

awww what cuties. they sure do clean up nice!
and there wasn't much "bed" to be shared. me and nathan are going to invest in a very large air mattress this weekend i hope!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the first day of school pics. I don't know why, but I always get a bit emotional when my boys start a new school year. Maybe because they're growing up way too fast.

Then again, Meadow counts the days until they start school again because it means she actually has a little time to get her thoughts together. Not a sad day at all for the Mrs.!

Jen said...

Today was my first day of freedom as well :) :) It is crazy getting them all to school you will have to see my blog for my new schedule. I went to Walmart and then clothes shopping!!!!! So much fun. Where do the twins go for the 2's class?

Melissa-Mc said...

Enjoy your alone time. You deserve it. Cute little preschoolers!

GrandmaPaula said...

Oh my sweets! Where is Kennedy and her first day of school. I didn't see it on her blog! I love you little darlings!
-Grandma Paula in Utah