Tuesday, July 6, 2010

should be doing a million other things, so of course, I'm going to blog

I know that's a long title, but really, it's how I'm feeling.
We having really started to move process, and what a process it is.
Nic is at the "Lodge" house remodeling the bedrooms and basement bathroom.  He's doing it on weekends, nights, and in between work, and he's awesome! It's looking great.
I'm in charge of the "Lady Marion" house and am filling up the garage with all the boxes and junk we own.  It's so much easier to toss stuff when you have to move it, again, and realize, "Hey, I didn't use you in the last two years since I moved you last...you are history."
I've made several runs to the DI truck down the street, without the kiddos knowing what was being left behind.  We had a close call yesterday when I opened the truck and out spewed toys I had dropped off a few days earlier.  Thankfully the girls weren't looking and I had time to shove them back in.
They, the monsters, have been really patient with me and the boxes.  Next week I box up their rooms, so we'll see how that goes.
The goal, finish enough of the lodge to move out of lady marion and get this cleaned up and on the market Aug 1.
So here's my question for you, ever done "For Sale By Owner"?
that's one of the million things I should be doing.  If you have, give me some tips, I feel like I'm lost at sea.

On a tangent, Nic and I spent an amazing week in Washington DC last month.  Props to Melissa, Caitlin, and Gramma Paula V for watching the girls.  It was amazing to be able to see all the smithsonians by myself while nic was in meetings.  Chelle and Anders, and the Virginia Vials with their hand me down dog Kelso (he used to be mine).
So many pictures, I'm talking about 800, so I'll work on the slideshow when I want to procrastinate later, I'm starting to feel guilty about not packing or researching selling my home, so I'm going to wrap this up.
Awesome Family reunions, I even got my first black eye ( I will post that pix, just kidding, I tried and I can't get pix on here, weird).
Hope you are all having an awesome summer.  Come see us at the pool!
 Hailey

7 comments:

Blogful said...

I recently spoke with a realtor friend specifically about FSBO and she said that you'll get a lot of creeps that want to size up your furniture, a lot nosey neighbors, and an occasional question about how much utilities are (AKA, I can't afford this house.) She said that getting a house on MLS is the way to get it sold. This lady was a buyer's agent and she recommended a guy that does titles in the area that said he'd list a house on MLS for a flat $500 fee. Might look into something like that in your area?

Tanners said...

hey next time your in dc, let me know and we'll me and do lunch. --i live here ya know!

Darilyn said...

I have been wondering about the pool, is it ready to swim in? I can't wait to see you there! And that is sooo cool that you got to see D.C.

Caitlin said...

If you need help packing let me know, I LOVE packing things up and moving :)

Leslie said...

Hailey- We just sold our house FSBO and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
We listed it on RMLS through this company: http://www.byownerpdx.com/ It was only $250.
Tareak built a sign post and I painted it white. I made an 18x24 sign and ordered 2 of them as decals and mounted them to a board (it was the cheapest way): http://www.buildasign.com/RealEstateSigns/browse-for-sale-by-owner We put a flyer box on the sign and made some color fliers.
The biggest thing we learned was to offer a high commission for the buyers agent(BAC) It is typically 2.5%, but we started out only offering a $2500 flat fee. This basically black-listed us with the real estate agents. Keep your listing price high and offer maybe a 2.7% to 3% BAC and you'll get a lot more activity and a higher offer.
Call me if you have questions- this might not make sense. 360-213-9357

Tonya said...

Hey girlie!

Hope all the moving stuff is continuing to go well. I for one am excited to see you move closer:)

Let's play! The pool would be lovely. That was super fun when we did that last summer.

And I know Sophia would love to see Kennedy.

Michelle Jones said...

May we see some before and after pics of the new house!!????