Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Slip-n-Die

Our friends James (Nic's best man at our wedding) and Jen have a redneck paradise out in Banks Oregon. It's half way between Portland and the coast, aka The middle of nowhere. So where better to set up a 150 foot Slip-n-Die. It's a dug out trench filled with layers of carpet, black plastic, and then a mixture of water, dish soap (for lub) and bleach to keep it clean.
They also have goats, dogs, cats, a gorgeous garden, a sweet firepit with carved log seats, and 5 more acres of forest filled with motorcycle trails. Very sweet if you are into everything backwoodzy. I am one of those. I have an appreciation for the American Redneck art movement. Here's some pix of the slip-n-die, and my favorite redneck pix.

















5 comments:

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

Is that one of the pick up truck even real??! Love the gun shape mortared mailbox. Yikes!

Yin said...

awesomest pictures ever.

Darilyn said...

"American Redneck Art Movement" That's a new one to me and I love it. You crack me up and I love reading your blog. That is one freaking cool slip-n-slide.

Shelby Carol said...

Hey I totally saw that extended scrap of a suburban. In West Valley like four years ago. NO JOKE! But that slip'n slide looks like a riot! MISS YA!

Amanda D said...

That looks like so much fun! I love that pink swimming suit too.