Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Official: I'm a GROUPIE!



I just had the best night ever, thanks to two amazing ladies... Jen Harris and Stephenie Meyers.
Stephenie Meyers came thru Oregon on her book tour for "The Host," and Jenn and I were right there in line with 13 year olds from Boise, and 40yr olds from Washington. I was so giddy today. I got my hair cut this morning and actually planned my outfit out in advance. It was just fun to get excited about something and share that with a girlfriend. I'm a little addicted to her books, so I don't reread them very often, but I did this last week and was so pumped to hear her speak and meet her. Very nice lady! We asked her if her husband had to work still, and she said "NO! He is very retired."  
The actor who plays Sam Uley in the Twilight film was there too, he goes to school at Portland State and we took a picture of him.  His bio says he's 5'9", but I'm 5'6", so you be the judge if that is true.
Jen and I had such a great time and spoiled ourselves afterwards with dessert at Papa Haydn's. I love Portland. This town is so low key and interesting.

7 comments:

Darilyn said...

You have been doing some fun things lately girl. I"m glad you had such a great time.

FarrEver Family said...

Never been so jealous. How did you get tickets? I am glad you had a great time. I am glad you blog, so in Aug when her newest "Twilight" book come out, I can get all your thoughts on it. Also, how was the HOST?

Tonya said...

That sounds like a total blast! And dessert at Papa Haydn's- that would have made the night for me:) What a fun time....I can't believe Stephenie's hubby is retired...Woah!

Caitlin said...

I have never heard of this Stephanie Meyer, but apparently some friends from high school read the books too! that's weird. i might have to start too...

Wilde Things said...

How fun for you! I just barely finished the Twilight books (for the first time) I would definately not call myself a groupie. But, they were okay. My cousin went to the signing and chat here and she loved it!
I think it is funny when people add inches to their height--reminds me of the basket ball stats from High School--always adding inches :)
I am glad you could go and have so much fun!
What would it be to have my husband retired, life would be nice!

The Thomas Family said...

Now that's my kind of girl's night out! Sounded like a blast!

Chelle said...

Hailey that's so cool. You forgot to mention the name of your book club that read these together. It's sad Tiffany couldn't be there for it, but it does look like you guys had a blast!