Monday, May 16, 2011

Spinach Orzo Salad

I've found a salad that is awesome and several people have asked me for the recipe, so here goes.  It's sort of made up, so I'm sure you can change it up however you like.  I'm tempted to add grilled chicken and call it a one dish dinner.

SPINACH ORZO SALAD

Makes enough to have as a side or bring to a potluck for 10ish.  Double/add more of what you like if you need more

2 cups Orzo pasta uncooked
1 pkg New Seasons Dressing (make up according to directions, I use EVOO and white wine vinegar)
1 pkg sun dried tomatoes (I prefer the dry/ it's cheaper and there's already oil in the dressing)
1/2 -1 cup crumbled feta (to taste.. I like lots)
1 pkg baby spinach (about 4 cups)

Make orzo to al dente, about 9 minutes boiling.  Rinse cold.  Make up dressing and combine with orzo.  Add chopped tomatoes and feta.  This can be made up ahead.  Toss in spinach before serving.
Enjoy~
Hailey

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

YUM, it was awesome.

Darilyn said...

Yum, that sounds good. I'm definitely making that in the near future.